Friday, August 23, 2013

So after finally navigating through security and everything, I made it to our orientation, though...I really wasn't in a socializing mood.  So I spent a good deal of it talking to the professor I'm researching for and I also just kind of hung out with the people I already knew.  I tried to talk a bit more with the first years but I felt really awkward for some reason.  Probably because I was trying so hard to put on a face.  It was most likely more noticeable than I realized.  

Even someone from my cohort, when we were at the bar, said that I looked like I wasn't okay and everything.  Especially last night.  Though it was impossible for me to put on any sort of happy face last night, truthfully. 

I left the bar a bit early because I felt exhausted from socializing when that was the last thing I wanted to be doing.  So instead I took Callie to the dog park, and was able to hold my own there. 

But then I got hysterical on the way home, so that was cool. 


I want the squishable ninja, I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment