Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cornelius part 2

So actually the mechanic I dealt with was incredibly nice and maybe it is just downstate people I'm anxious about?  Because he was really helpful and explained everything well and didn't mind when I said I wanted to call my dad first to talk to him about what I should do and everything.  And he wasn't annoyed at all when he originally told me that to repair everything would cost around $800 and I remarked that because I have plans on getting a new car soon (wahhh) I didn't really want to invest almost $1000 to get Cornelius fixed.  So instead, since the compressor is what is wrong (it destroyed a belt and has caused the steering problem), he said I could get a used compressor for half the price of a new one and that ended up being around $540.

And then I had a coupon so it went down to $490.

I remember going somewhere else a while ago and them telling me the compressor was bad, but they wanted almost $1300 or something just for the part, so I said no.  The price difference is amazing.

Plus, in the meantime, since I need to wait until Monday now, they gave me a car to use for the weekend!  I was very thankful because I need something to be able to get to school at 8:30 in the morning on Monday, and I don't really know how the buses run (because I haven't needed to use them).  I didn't even ask, aha, they just gave it to me.

So although I'm losing a good chunk of change, it should last until the summer (and I should have my a/c back yayyy), and it really isn't nearly as bad as it could have been, money-wise.

I was sad to see Cornelius on the "hospital belt" as I called it.  I wish I could just update him and not get a new car aha I love him.


I think I know how I want this paper to go, but I am having trouble starting it.  That's not anything new, but it is still obnoxious.  Writing the first sentence always takes me way too long and is really annoying.

Still have a headache though, unfortunately.  Hopefully it'll go away or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment