Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ambulance

So.  I was definitely wrong about being better.

I decided to have some cashews earlier, since I thought that maybe if I ate it would help with my stomach.  Nope.  I ended up feeling worse and then I was in session for maybe 10-15 minutes, if that, and immediately started throwing up.  (Realized I was going to in time, though, so bucket was obtained and no mess was made in the office!  Huzzah!)  But because I was shaking and really really weak (and truthfully I have been for the past few days), we called the campus EMT and I was taken to health services via ambulance and stretcher.  Originally they asked if I wanted to be taken to the hospital and I said no very very quickly.  (To that also, Nancy laughed and said that it was hard enough trying to convince me to let her call the EMT people, so I would definitely say no to the hospital.  Which is very very true.)

But they were really nice and friendly and one of the guys in particular was super cute aha.  I ended up at health services and I was given a crapton of medicine and then put on a liquid diet for today and a bland diet for the day after that (and I think the day after that too).

Then I called my parents and talked with them for a while and I kind of wish they were here to take care of me and everything but Brendan and Carl both said that if I needed anything I could ask them and they would get me stuff (actually I know Brendan will be bringing me juice later since I'm unsure if mine has expired and everything).  I just asked them to help me with the Game Theory homework that is due tomorrow since I really can't focus on things at the moment.

I might try to nap for a little bit or just lay down and watch tv and relax for an hour or so.  I just still feel really bleh.

This is seriously the worst time this could have happened.  And I'm hoping I'll be able to reschedule my session for this week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment