Sunday, November 3, 2013

Party

So the party ended up being a huge hit for everyone and not that terrible for me.

At first I was really awkward and kind of moving around slowly and all; it was kinda obvious I felt out of place in my own house.  People asked me if I was feeling okay and everything, and I just said I was still kind of recovering from the concert.  Which was true, but it was more just general discomfort from being around so many people and knowing that people were going to get drunk and all.

But as usual, Callie was my saviour.  She was dressed up as a jousting knight's horse and she just was so happy and excited because so many people were around and giving her attention, and of course, that made me smile and made me happier and kind of got me to talk to people more.

At first I was also not dressed up, but with three people kind of begging me to put on my Rip Van Winkle cosplay, I ended up getting into that for a bit.  I didn't have any bobby pins, so the wig was kind of annoying, but people were really impressed with it (especially the gun aha no surprise there).

I did what I said I would do: I kind of stuck to a few people and spoke mostly with them, and didn't really mingle with everyone.  Which was fine, because after a while people started getting really drunk and playing drinking games, whereas I didn't drink at all.  And after a while I unintentionally set up an area upstairs for people who just wanted to chill and didn't want to go crazy with the people downstairs anymore.  Originally I was up there to be by myself for a bit since I was getting a bit overwhelmed, and Callie was getting really sleepy and all, but then more and more people came up, but they were just sitting on the couch with us and talking and stuff.  One person said they really liked that there were like...two atmospheres.  The calmer stuff up by me, and the crazier stuff down in the basement.

Also it is always funny to me to talk with drunk people when I'm completely sober.

Two people had to stay over, and I'm glad because they were in no condition really to drive.

But most people didn't really leave until 1:30 or so, which would have been 2:30 had daylight savings not occurred.  And they all said they had a really good time, so that is good.

Since I did not really help set up, I'm trying to do a lot of cleaning up today, which isn't so bad.  It is nice to just be by myself and I put music on and I finished upstairs, so the kitchen and living room are all good, but it is the basement that was looking like a bomb hit it.  But roommate did clean some down there with his boyfriend; I haven't gone down to see how much is left or anything.

I might go to the office when I'm done so I could just sit and finish the readings for tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment