Wednesday, December 31, 2014

While I know my mom means well, it gets a bit...unnerving when she just continues to ask me questions about what I want to research and everything.  I'm not mad at her or anything, really, I just wish I knew how to convey the level of my...indifference towards most things lately.  While I have tried to explain things, I usually leave some...blatant omissions which demonstrate some deeper issues I'm having.  My parents know about my meds and condition overall, but the finer details - usually the darker ones - I don't say.  Mostly because I don't want to upset them or anything like that.  Though I guess I am upsetting them even with how I currently am.

Though it was funny when she said that I needed a hookup.  And my reply was that I was too busy to do anything like that.  And that I had my fictional characters to keep me company.  (Though I admitted it isn't the same.)  Really, I wanted to say that I had a string of super bad hookups that I would rather not repeat because I'm pretty sure they just all made things worse but I once again neglect to reveal all the finer details.

I know that she is trying to help me think of things, and I hope I don't come off as annoyed with her or with my dad or anything.  I just can't exactly figure out how to tell them how discouraged I am with...everything.  Really, when I say that studying politics through fiction is what I have wanted to do lately, that is...kind of it.  I got more passionate about analyzing Kuvira as a state leader than I have with anything else I've done this semester.  Sad, I know, but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment