Friday, December 12, 2014

I had my last class today, and it hasn't exactly hit me yet.  Probably because I still have so many things to finish and zero motivation to do any of them.

I'm also ignoring all of my students' emails, because I don't feel like answering their bitchfits and whines about how they didn't turn in the paper on time and all that shit.


I did, however, talk to one of the professors I'm close with today about some stuff.  I'm TAing the methods class for her next semester, and she is the grad director, and she's just super awesome.  First I asked about comps stuff, since I no longer know if I want to take the IR or the comparative anymore.  Eventually, after talking a bit about next semester and everything too, I asked her if she knew of ways to deal with burnout, since I'm not exactly sure what to do anymore.  We talked about possible things to do, and she reassured me that if I needed to take a semester off or anything for medical purposes to focus on my mental health, that that wouldn't reflect badly on me or hurt my funding.

She understood, having had depression and been down this road before, and so I was able to tell her some things and it was nice to have a sympathetic/empathetic person in the department whom I can go to with these things.  At first I didn't want to tell the faculty the extent of it, but I guess it is better that someone at least knows now.

I was also told that a politics in film/fiction class would be cool if I wanted to teach that next year sometime.  That was nice to hear.


Also, roommate J got a new cushy job in Ithaca that he doesn't fucking deserve and I can't even pretend to be happy about it to roommate C, who of course is probably going to move with him.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment