Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Got home tonight after a day filled with packing and wrapping gifts and getting Callie bathed and all that fun stuff.

I noticed that I was in a better mood than usual, though the fact that I have no more classes (minus the one dissertation writing class) hasn't quite sunk in just yet.

On Saturday, there is going to be a reunion with people from high school and while I was kind of excite, I'm also getting some weird anxiety about it now.  People will be bringing their significant others (and one is bringing her son, who is like...1, and I kind of wanted to be very "can you not," but I knew that would be rude and stuff) and so I'll sit there awkwardly and hope people don't just go on and on and on about how perfect their fucking lives are.  I mean, I want them to be, because I want them to be happy, but I guess having it flaunted in my face gets kind of...tiresome for me.

Bah, I know that is selfish.  This reunion is so we could all catch up and see how we've all been.

But I doubt people who seem genuinely happy are going to want to hear about how much I hate where I am at right now, and how I'm just in this big fog that I can't seem to navigate out of.  So I'll probably have to lie and stuff and say that things aren't really all that bad and everything.  Or just be quiet.

Yesterday I sat in the car for five minutes before pulling out of my parking space at school, daydreaming about running away with Callie.  Don't know where.  But just leaving.  It was a nice thought, as sad as that is.

But, for now, I'm actually okay.  Because I'm home.


Also Bryke confirmed Korrasami and that makes me so fucking happy seriously.  

No comments:

Post a Comment