Thursday, December 11, 2014

Despite my hopes, we did not get a snow day today.  It didn't actually get bad until later on in the day.

So, I decided to bring Callie into work with me.  Both of my discussion sections were very happy to see her, even though we didn't really get a lot of work done...which I was okay with, honestly.  I've been having shitty days on campus; it was nice to have her around to make things better.

And my officemates were happy to see her too.

Though, there was an incident that I am not happy with.

One of the new first years (who is fucking weird as hell, honestly, and I thought this before this occurrence) really hates dogs.  I don't know why, but I really don't care.  Truthfully, I don't trust people who have this level of hatred for dogs.

So, I had decided to go into one of the other offices because I wanted to see if someone was there.  This someone really likes Callie and he has been dealing with a lot of shit and I thought she could cheer him up.  I did not know that first year was in that same office; I thought he was in a different one.  When I walked in with Callie, I assumed everything was okay, because usually that office enjoys her visiting them.  Her being inquisitive and friendly, she likes to go up to people to say hi.  Really, she wants pets and stuff.  Before I really realized who she went up to (she turned a corner around a bookshelf, so I couldn't see), all I heard was someone scream "get away from me," in a very loud and angry tone, and when I looked, I thought for a second he was going to hit her (which...good thing he didn't, because...I would have been arrested given what my reaction would have been).  She came back, and I gave him a nasty glare, to which he just said (still in that angry tone) that he didn't like dogs.

I was so flabbergasted that I didn't really know what to say.

So instead I turn to the only other person in the office (not the person I wanted to see; he ended up going home early due to weather) and start making small talk.  Really, I could have left, but after that reaction I wanted to stay there as long as possible as a silent "fuck you" to that first year.

Really, he needs to get the fuck over it, or deal with it.  We are an incredibly dog-friendly department, and some bitch ass first year isn't going to change that.  Callie helps me with stress and anxiety and depression and he can fuck off if he doesn't like her, because she will be around, and I will allow her to see the people in that office that she enjoys.

No comments:

Post a Comment