Saturday, December 6, 2014

Being unable to think of a possible paper topic for something as broad as American Public Policy isn't really doing my self-esteem any favours.

Seriously, I've been struggling with this for too long and I can't really think of anything to write about and it is probably a combination of burnout and disillusionment and the current state of the department and I just want to go home or do something to myself to give myself an excuse not to have to do this.  But then I realize that's not the way I should be thinking about things and then I stare at blank pieces of paper for some more.

I would allow myself to take today off if I didn't need to have this topic by Monday because I'm supposed to do a presentation on it during that class.  Despite, you know, my not even having started or anything.

I could just go up there and show a blank page and be all "this is what I got because I'm a dismal fucking failure."

Heh, that'd be interesting to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment