Friday, June 6, 2014

I decided to forgo any coding today in favour of reading A Game of Thrones, which I am almost done with.  Maybe I will stay up and finish the last few chapters I have left; I've been going to bed rather late anyway, so it isn't like I would be struggling against sleep while I read.  Tomorrow, though, I ought to make up for the lack of coding I did today (and yesterday, really).  I'll have to resist the urge to start A Clash of Kings, even though basically all I want to do is read these books.  I've become immersed in this world, actually, and I love it.  It has been a while since something like that has happened.  With a fantasy world, I mean.  Knowing the Houses and the lore and everything...both the books and television series have sucked me in.  And I like - despite that it is also very sad - that it portrays that those who are honourable and honest do not always win in dangerous games (sob House Stark...though you will always be my favourite).  That justice is not always done.  It is reality, in a way.  Sad, but true.  And yet, I still find myself rooting for those who are good, rather than those who are well-versed in playing the game.  Probably, I am setting myself up to be hurt, since I do get attached to characters, regardless if they are fictional.  Not surprising.

Also, I did start that 30-day challenge thing.  Well...six of them, actually.  I felt like doing one was too little, and then I started another...and then another...and so on.  At some point I will regret that decision, but I hope I can work through shit and just do them.  I also wanted to pick more up because I'm in a very anti-cardio sort of mode, and I figured to make up for that I can do more of this strength training stuff.  I'm not sure; I just right now would rather feel the ache of muscles being worked rather than breathing hard from running or sprinting.  Maybe eventually I will get back into the cardio mood, but now is not that time, and since I have not really done workouts for over a year due to reasons...I figure starting with something I really do not want to do is just a easy way to guarantee that I'll stop soon after beginning.

...I've been out of one of my medications for I think three days tomorrow.  Really, I should make sure I go fix that.


Still thinking about the usual stuff too, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment