Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Yesterday, my session with Nancy involved me being incredibly stressed about my work and my life, and explaining the anxiety I have about joining new things where I need to meet new people.  I have so much stress that it is beginning to physically hurt; my shoulders are always where tension goes and they feel so stiff and uncomfortable lately.

I promised that I would look up things this week in terms of clubs or activities and stuff, and to bring numbers/emails back next week so that I could force myself to overcome that fear and start getting out more.  I really do need the exercise.  Perhaps I could join a Y and start swimming again (which I haven't done since I was a kid), but as I lamented how I'm not a particularly strong swimmer, I was reminded that that is the perfectionist in me talking.  That these things I will be doing will be for fun and that I don't need to be "good" at them.  They're supposed to be relaxing.

I'm going to look into some clubs, hopefully, and maybe this weekend with college roommate I'll check out some of the parks or something.


Also in my discussion section today, I think I may have offended people by telling them to think critically about things they say concerning the U.S.  And by that I didn't mean "you must criticize it," but more "if you're going to tell me why we are so much better than this other place, you need to tell me why you think that."  I don't know if some people appreciated that.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment