Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Years in Songs

I will eventually write something more substantial but I got on the whole idea of me coming up with a playlist which describes the journey I have had and everything.  I know this is probably a dumb and juvenile thing to do, but in a way, the music makes things more bearable and more...emotional.  Which I usually would hate, but since true emotion doesn't come as easily to me anymore, and I've been stuck in this rut of apathy and everything, I figured this might be...good for me, in a way.

I do wish my library had a bit more variety, since a few favourites dominate the playlist, but I guess that is okay.





Section I - The Beginning 

"Bonnie Taylor Shakedown" - Hellogoodbye
"Baby, It's Fact" - Hellogoodbye
"Transatlanticism" - Death Cab for Cutie
"I Will Follow You Into the Dark" - Death Cab for Cutie
"A Walk Through Hell" - Say Anything
"Baseball, But Better" - Say Anything
"Such Great Heights" - The Postal Service


Section II - The Beginning of the End 

"You Can Do Better than Me" - Death Cab for Cutie
"The Ice is Getting Thinner" - Death Cab for Cutie
"Tiny Vessels" - Death Cab for Cutie
"Some Boys" - Death Cab for Cutie
"The Engine Driver" - The Decemberists
"Do Better" - Say Anything
"Tattoos Fade" - The World/Inferno Friendship Society


Section III - The End 

"Break-Up Song" - Bouncing Souls
"the Day I Turned my Back on You" - Bouncing Souls
"The Receiving End of It All" - Streetlight Manifesto
"Someday You Will Be Loved" - Death Cab for Cutie


Section IV - The Summer After 

"Kiss You to Death" - Alkaline Trio
"Love Love Kiss Kiss" - Alkaline Trio
"This Addiction" - Alkaline Trio
"I Will Possess Your Heart" - Death Cab for Cutie
"Death For My Birthday" - Say Anything
"Don't Know" - Stolen Babies
"Addicted To Bad Ideas" - The World/Inferno Friendship Society


Section V - The Separation 

"This is Getting Over You" - Alkaline Trio
"Wish Me Well (You Can Go To Hell)" - Bouncing Souls
"Every Man Has a Molly" - Say Anything
"Total Revenge" - Say Anything
"Red Rubber Ball" - Streetlight Manifesto (originally The Cyrkle)
"Second Chance Saloon" - The World/Inferno Friendship Society


Section VI - The Unexpected Reunion and Present State

"Help Me" - Alkaline Trio
"One Last Dance" - Alkaline Trio
"Lost and Rendered" - Alkaline Trio
"Lady Adelaide" - Benjamin Gibbard
"I Was Once A Loyal Lover" - Death Cab for Cutie
"She's Got Issues" - The Offspring
"Thoughts on a Liberal Education" - Say Anything
"Sappy" - Say Anything
"Hate Everyone" - Say Anything
"Punk Rock Girl" - Streetlight Manifesto (originally The Dead Milkmen)
"A Better Place, A Better Time" - Streetlight Manifesto/Toh Kay
"With Any Sort of Certainty" - Streetlight Manifesto/Toh Kay
"If Only For Memories" - Streetlight Manifesto/Toh Kay
"Would You Be Impressed?" - Streetlight Manifesto/Toh Kay
"Somewhere in the Between" - Streetlight Manifesto/Toh Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment