Monday, September 15, 2014

Comet



This is my go-to song when I am really sad or feeling terrible about things; it helps me cheer up and think that maybe changes aren't so bad.  (This is usually short lived but it still helps a bit.)

And when I'm imagining hypothetical conversations between ex and I and my just saying all these super dark and sad/angry things to him and thinking that he probably wouldn't care that much anyway...well...this song kind of helps.

I've been told many times I should write something as if I'm addressing it to him, or do a video and speak as if I'm talking to him.  And I don't know why I haven't done it.  Maybe because I'm just pushing it off or using other things to distract me, or because I've been so bogged down with work that sometimes even writing in here seems like a huge task (even if it does keep me from going absolutely insane).

...We'll see.


Old world's burning in our minds
watch it fall away and die.
We begin to lose our minds as we open up our eyes.
Chasing stars all through the sky 
Comet's on its way tonight setting all the world alight

I can't wait to see what it's like
To be weightless.
Transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment