Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm spoiled

My friend just showed me another local game store around here.  This one doesn't have an arcade attached to it but it is huge and also has everything old and new and it made me very excited.  This one had Persona 4 Arena, which I am really tempted to get.  But honestly, if I'm going to start getting into fighting games more, I really should invest in a fightstick.  That doesn't mean I plan to (or ever will have the skill to, more likely) get into the competitive scene, but fighting games are more fun on a stick than on the controller, in my opinion.

Though I am getting a live Gold membership, so it'd be easier for me to practice against people online (after spending some time training on my own, of course).  And while online practice isn't as ideal as practicing locally, it is better than nothing.


Tomorrow starts classes; have American on Mondays, then Research and Statistics II on Wednesdays, and Game Theory on Fridays.  Plus a mandatory workshop for stat on Thursdays, and regular workshops on Fridays, and then whenever my TA sessions will be, which I'm not sure about as of now.

It will be a lot, as expected, but I do have a resolution to play more games this semester, regardless.  Mostly because they help me not stress out so much.  Also because I just miss playing them a lot when I do not.  (And my skill suffers drastically; how I'm playing now doesn't compare to how I once was, sadly).


I need to call my doctor this week to talk to her about how I'm handling the medication.  I was supposed to do so before I came back, but she was unavailable when I called, so I'll have to do it soon.   It definitely is helping my mood overall.  Yeah, I still fantasize sometimes and worry about things and go through self-loathing periods, but I don't feel as crushed as I did prior to starting.  So although I'm still not at an ideal point, it isn't as bad as when I was unaided, if that makes sense.


I might make sour cream and onion dip and indulge in some chips today.

No comments:

Post a Comment