Friday, September 9, 2016

On Wednesday, I had a nice chat (while getting ice cream) with my friend about his being absent from my life for the past...year, which I had attributed to his finding a girlfriend and everything.  He explained to me some really bad stuff that has been happening to him throughout this year, and while I said that I understand more than most this idea of feeling so sad that you don't want to do anything, I wish he would have told me at least that (I remarked that the details I wouldn't need to know, if he didn't want to express them), because him not saying anything to me and just kind if disappearing made me jump to the conclusion that his having a girlfriend he doesn't need to complain about made me obsolete and everything.  And that I was basically afraid that he no longer saw use of me/liked me because I know I'm not the most fun person in the world and stuff, so if I couldn't help out with something, then what good am I to him?

He insisted that it was nothing like that at all, and he still considers me one of his best friends up here.  I was able to express my distaste over everything that has gone on in the department in the past year, and he admitted that things could have been handled much better than they have been, which I appreciated.  

I did say that if he ever wanted to just hang out and watch stuff, that I'm always down for doing that.  (I mean, college roommate was here Friday-Monday morning and we basically spent all day on Sunday watching season 1 of Steven Universe!  Also yes, she was here and it was wonderful, though it was also sad when I had to watch her leave...there is a comfort with her that I don't really have with many people that is kind of on a extra level...if that makes sense.)  Or if he just wanted someone to talk with or anything, that I am there for him and everything.

So, hopefully I'll see more of him...that would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment